Patient Rights & Responsibilities
What you have the right to expect from us:
- Be treated with courtesy and respect.
- Be actively involved in health care decisions.
- Receive care that aligns with the American Academy of Pediatrics and U.S. Preventive Service Task Force guidelines.
- Have your questions answered and your concerns respected.
- Receive information in a timely manner.
- Feel confident that your privacy is protected.
- Have any billing questions answered.
Because health care is a partnership, Here is what we ask of you:
- Ask questions! We want to know what is important or concerning to you.
- Notify us if you are unable to make it to an appointment.
- Let us know if you need help coordinating your child’s care.
- Be respectful of the rights of other patients, families, and staff.
- Know your insurance requirements and coverage.
- Assure that the financial obligations associated with your child’s care are fulfilled.
- If you have a concern or are unhappy with the care you receive, please bring it to our attention as soon as possible. A manager will work with you to resolve the problem.